Focus and Scope
Engineering and Technology Journal scholarly-refereed research journal published by University of Technology (UOT), Iraq. Its aims is to promote the theory and practice of Engineering, Technology, and sciences. The journal provides an interface between Engineering, Technology, and sciences. Its ultimate goal is to make a profound contribution to theory development, research and practice by serving as a leading forum for the publication of scholarly research on all aspects of engineering, technology, and sciences. The journal allows free access (Open Access) to its contents of the final accepted version of the articles. Published papers are registered and indexed in the universal libraries. The journal’s full text is available online at http://www.uotechnology.edu.iq/tec_magaz/EN/Pervious_Issues.htm
Peer Review Process
The practice of peer review is to ensure that only good science is published. It is an objective process at the heart of good scholarly publishing and is carried out by all reputable scientific journals. Our referees play a vital role in maintaining the high standards Transport Policy and all manuscripts are peer reviewed following the procedure outlined below.
Initial manuscript evaluation
The Editor first evaluates all manuscripts. It is rare, but it is possible for an exceptional manuscript to be accepted at this stage. Manuscripts rejected at this stage are insufficiently original, have serious scientific flaws, have poor grammar or English language, or are outside the aims and scope of the journal. Those that meet the minimum criteria are normally passed on to at least 2 experts for review.
Type of Peer Review of Engineering and Technology Journal employs double blind reviewing, where both the referee and author remain anonymous throughout the process.
How the referee is selected
Whenever possible, referees are matched to the paper according to their expertise and our database is constantly being updated.
Referees are asked to evaluate whether the manuscript: - Is original - Is methodologically sound - Follows appropriate ethical guidelines - Has results which are clearly presented and support the conclusions - Correctly references previous relevant work.
Language correction is not part of the peer review process, but referees may, if so wish, suggest corrections to the manuscript.
How long does the review process take
The time required for the review process is dependent on the response of the referees. Should the referee’s reports contradict one another or a report is unnecessarily delayed, a further expert opinion will be sought. In rare cases for which it is extremely difficult to find a second referee to review the manuscript, or when the one referee’s report has thoroughly convinced the Editor, decisions at this stage to accept, reject or ask the author for a revision are made on the basis of only one referee’s report. The Editor’s decision will be sent to the author with recommendations made by the referees, which usually includes verbatim comments by the referees. Revised manuscripts might be returned to the initial referees who may then request another revision of a manuscript.
A final decision to accept or reject the manuscript will be sent to the author along with any recommendations made by the referees and may include verbatim comments by the referees.
Editor’s Decision is final Referees advice the editor, who is responsible for the final decision to accept or reject the article.
Becoming a referee for Engineering and Technology Journal
If you are not currently a referee for Engineering and Technology Journal but would like to be considered as a referee, please sign up. You can also contact the journal manager to add you as a referee. The benefits of refereeing for Engineering and Technology Journal include the opportunity to read see and evaluate the latest work in your research area at an early stage, and to contribute to the overall integrity of scientific research and its published documentation. You may also be able to cite your work for the Engineering and Technology Journal as part of your professional development requirements for various Professional Societies and Organizations.
Open Access Policy
All research articles published in the Engineering and Technology Journal are fully open access: immediately freely available to read, download and share.
The publication of science and technology include thorough, methodical and complete processes by publishers and editors which have to be handled efficiently and proficiently. To sustain high ethical values of publication, publishers attempt to work intimately at all times with editors, authors, and peer-reviewers. The ethics statement for the Engineering & Technology Journal is based on those issued by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Code of Conduct guidelines available at www.publicationethics.org. The basic publishing ethics involved in the publishing process can be summarized as follows:
The responsibilities of the reviewers can be identified as:
- To provide a detailed, effective, and unbiased evaluation in promptly on the scientific content of the work.
- To indicate whether the writing is relevant, brief and clear and evaluating the originality and scientific accuracy of the submitted paper.
- To maintain the confidentiality of the complete review process.
- To inform the journal editor about any financial or personal conflict of interest and reject to review the manuscript when a possibility of such a conflict exists.
- To inform the journal editor of any ethical concerns in their evaluation of submitted manuscripts; such as any violation of ethical treatment of animal or human subjects or any considerable similarity between the previously published article and any reviewed manuscript.
The responsibilities of the authors can be described as:
- To assure that all the work reported in the manuscript must be original and free from any plagiarism.
- To make confident that the submitted work should not have been published elsewhere or submitted to any other journal(s) at the same time.
- To explicitly acknowledge any potential conflict of interest.
- The author(s) must give proper acknowledgments to other work reported (individual/company/institution). Permission must be obtained from any content used from other sources.
- It is important to note that only those who have made any substantial contribution to the interpretation or composition of the submitted work should be listed as ‘Authors’. On the other hand, other contributors should be mentioned as ‘co-authors’.
The responsibilities of the Engineering & Technology Journal can be defined as:
- Engineering & Technology Journal is committed to working with journal editors, defining clearly their relevant roles, in order to ensure appropriate decisions regarding publication procedures and maintaining the transparency of editorial decisions.
- Engineering & Technology Journal guarantees the integrity of autonomy and originality of each published article concerning:
o publication and research funding.
o publication ethics and integrity.
o conflicts of interest.
o article modifications.
o timely release of content.
Engineering and Technology Journal scholarly-refereed research journal published by University of Technology (UOT), Iraq. Its aims are to promote the theory and practice of Engineering, Technology, and sciences. The journal provides an interface between Engineering, Technology, and sciences. Its ultimate goal is to make a profound contribution to theory development, research and practice by serving as a leading forum for the publication of scholarly research on all aspects of engineering, technology, and sciences. The journal allows free access (Open Access) to its contents of the final accepted version of the articles. Published papers are registered and indexed in the universal libraries.